Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Letter to Irish Commune project

I am interested in joining a community myself.

My methods are somewhat different. Being an anarchist i wouldn't do well working with the state at any level, and therefore wouldn't need money because it holds no value to me. Whatever earthly possessions I have will be committed towards gathering resources, using my skills to make myself as useful as possible for whichever community I am in.

Being anarchist i'd assume people would come to consensus on what goals to follow, but have very little to do with authoritarian practices, such as laws, courts, and police. It may be suitable for some who wish to learn to protect themselves to do so, but i have no say in the matter because i personally am a pacifist.

As an anarchist, the methods for gathering materials from the economic world would have to do with barter, preferably with other communes. I see no logic in dealing with people who refuse to give up money as their way of life. Money is the glue that binds global oppression and lets people be taken advantage of, and sets a class system for their descendants to live under for generations to come. Someone has to break the mold, and at this point in technological development, I believe some of us have.

I am an electronics engineering technician, and therefore can devise ways to provide electricity, electronic devices, and rudimentary manufacturing for commune intended purposes only. Electricity from photovoltaic cells and/or green algae tanks for replicated biofuel extraction. With that, electronic batteries via electrolysis (hydrogen fuel cells), thus electric cars and every common portable electric appliance possible.
It is extremely important to provide education in order to advance average people with limited skills above and beyond their potential. Our goal should be to make life work better for us in a commune setting, not merely to escape the inadequacy of governmental civilization.

Please let me know what you think of my plans,
Daniel J OConnor

No comments:

Post a Comment